Thursday, August 12, 2010

SHAUK HAI from GURU


SHAUK HAI from GURU
------------------- 
Raat ka shauk hai
I aspire of the night

Raat ki saundhi si
The earthen feel of the night time

Khamoshi ka Shauk hai
I aspire of silence

Subah ki roshni bezubaan subhon ki aur gungunaati
Those rays of the morning light humming towards the mute morning

Roshni ka shauk hai, oh shauk hai !
I aspire of light, I just aspire !

San sani anwlon ka
I aspire to taste the tangy amlas

Ke ishq ke banwlon ka
I aspire to experience the madness that lovers possess

San sani anwle
Of those pungent amlas

Ke ishq ke banwle
Of those crazy lovers

Barf se khelte badalon ka
I aspire of the clouds playing with the ice caps

Shauk hai (I aspire (to touch))

Kaash ye zindagi Khel hi khel mein kho gayi hoti
I wish this life were lost in its own play

Raat ka shauk hai
I aspire of the night

Neend ki goliyon ka
I aspire of those sleeping pills

Khwab ke loriyon ka
Of those lullabies that dreams have in store for me

Bezubaan aus ki boliyon ka; Shauk hai
I aspire of the words of these mute dew drops

Kaash ye zindagi binkahe binsune so gayi hoti
I wish this life never reacted to sound and words and just lay dead

No comments: